Wednesday, September 8, 2010

think it*create it*share it

TxParrotGirl and I have decided to start a blog, so we can write more than 160 characters at a time about our fascination with fabric and the creative things we endeavor to sew. As any crafter knows, once you think it, you will stay up all night thinking about it until you create it. In fact, you may stay up all night the next night creating it,and then you can't wait to share it. You want to post picture and tell all your crafting friends about the awesome thing you made.

Most recently, for me, it was my dining room curtains. I was in search of the perfect fabric, had a color scheme in mind, and then one day, was in the fabric store with Lisa and there it was on the clearance table. A beautiful aqua and tan wide stripe fabric, heavy weight, with just the right amount of iridescence. To sweeten the pot, there were just over 3 yards available (exactly what I needed to make two panels). I got the whole cut for under $10 (would have been 10x's that regularly). For days, I showed off the fabric to neighbors when they stopped by to visit, then, one night, I finished the curtains, hung the curtain rod (all by myself) and was posting photos on Facebook. Not only had I made something for my home, but now I can get back to playing with sweet and sassy fabrics and making cute gifts and scrapbooks. I'm not done with all of my curtains, but it is definitely time to get creative and start thinking about the holidays.

Check out this collection of lime green and turqupoise key fobs with polka dots and peace signs that TxParrotGirl made. Really cute, right? It has got me thinking of Christmas gifts for my niece and cousins. Guess I better get to sewing....

No comments:

Post a Comment